Dear Orthodox Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
On Friday and Saturday, October 6-7 there will be Vigil and Divine Liturgy, conducted by abbot fr. Gavriil and deacon fr. Andre in CHURCH SLAVONIC with sermon and conversations in RUSSIAN. As usual, a small Russian choir will be participating.
The temporary church temple address is: St. Petka Serbian Orthodox Church ( 1712 5th Ave North, Nashville , TN 37208 ), a location near Germantown Nashville.
The acting schedule is:
1. Friday, October 6, 7 pm – Vigil. Those interested in a confession will be accommodated during the reading hours and after the service.
2. Saturday, October 7, 10:00 am – Divine Liturgy with Holy Communion.
3. For confession, those believers who can’t come on Friday will be accommodated on Saturday before the Divine Liturgy.
4. After Liturgy, there will be a modest potluck trapeza.
5. After the trapeza all are invited to “Celebrate Nashville” Cultural Festival in Centennial Park, where Serbian culture will be represented, including the Serbian cuisine. Details are at the website http://celebratenashville.org/food/
As before, Father Gavriil is available for custom home services, such as child baptism, blessing a home, or a specialized prayer service at home or church (commemoration services for repose, special moleben for ill, water blessing services, and other).
If you have any questions, please email RussianOrthodoxNashville@gmail.com or call 615-397-6743